- Amazon Prime sunglasses: They look like a $250 Karen Walker pair of sunglasses; these are $13 with almost 500 5-star reviews. They have been the #1 bestseller for 2 month in a row on the blog. // Wearing here
- Polka dot blouse: we all went after this one, apparently! I ordered it in a small. It’s 50% off
- Aerie sports bra: SO so comfy! Runs small; size up! 50% off right now
- Aerie sleep tee
- Amazon prime snakeskin swimsuit: $23 prime; wearing M here
- Sneakers: on sale for $52.50. They come in black and pink, too!
- Amazon prime double-O ring belt: $15 prime // Comes in tan, too // (I wear this belt ALL the time; I have size small; wearing it here)
- Combat boots // Also love this pair // 15%+ off with code FALLTREAT
- Madewell thread wrap tank: on sale for $20 and the best fabric; several colors available
- Rainbow striped sweater: $22 wearing Medium here // You can also spin for a discount code right now on their website
- Melvyn’s at Ingleside Inn: We had lunch here on the outside patio and loved it! They’re known for their nightly entertainment and Sunday Night Jam. Check out the lounge area inside and the bathroom wallpaper.
- King’s Highway Diner: Located at the Ace Hotel; there is also a bar there, too (tour around the outside of Ace Hotel if you have time; super cool)
- The Pink Cabana: This is the restaurant located at The Sands Hotel & Spa. Top 5 best steaks I’ve ever had. Amazing service. Extraordinary cocktails! So much charm. A must visit!
- Norma’s at the Parker Hotel: do breakfast or brunch here and tour the grounds if you can; we only saw the lobby, but it’s beautiful!
- The Saguaro Hotel: This is the colorful hotel that you can’t miss. Fun fact: the 14 colors painted on this hotel reflect the wildflowers native to the desert there. We had a drink at El Jefe, the bar in the front of the hotel, and then checked out the pool/courtyard area.
- Cabazon Dinosaurs: these are the ginormous concrete dinosaurs that you’ve seen in movies like Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure. It’s a roadside attraction and there is a gift shop inside Dinny the Dinosaur.
- The Windmills: check out my blog post dedicated to them here.
- Moorten Botanical Garden: the world’s first and only cactarium. They are family owned and they’ve been there for 64 years now. This is a must see!
- Downtown Palm Springs: walk around and see the hollywood stars on the sidewalk. There’s also plenty of shopping, museums and local shops to visit.
- The Pink Door (please read): I’m only mentioning the pink door because it was recommended on a ton of blog posts that I read before getting there. BUT after more research, it’s a private residence and the owners do not want visitors coming to take pictures (super understandable). The neighborhood has a ton of gorgeous homes, architecture and beautiful doors if you want to drive by and admire; that’s what we did.
- Ice Cream & Shoppe
- Joshua Tree National Park (give yourself half a day here to explore)
- Salvation Mountain and slab city: you’ll also pass the Salton Sea
- Anthropologie: extra 50% off sale
- American Eagle: 25-60% off everything
- Aerie: 40% off (YESSSSSSSSSSS; BUY ALL OF IT)
- ASOS: up to 40% off new season styles
- Abercrombie: 50% off and free shipping over $75
- Boohoo: 60% off everything
- Madewell: extra 20-50% off sale styles with code SEEYA
- Nordstrom: up to 40% off select styles
- Kendra Scott: 20% off everything
- Wanderlust + Co: 30% off this weekend with code WCOTURNS9
- Baublebar: up to 80% off AND 15% full price purchase with code SUNSHINE
- H&M: 30% off, 20% or 10% off + free shipping with code 3418
- Forever 21: 30% off everything with code LABORSLAY & extra 60% off all sale with code ADD2CART and free shipping on orders of $21+ with code FREESHIP21
- Goodnight Macaroon: 40% off everything with code LABOR19
- Loft: 40-50% off “almost everything” with code LONGWEEKEND
- Urban Outfitters: extra 40% off all sale items
- DSW: 20% off everything with code YOURPLACE
- Sole Society: up to 70% off select styles
- Target: 30% off bedding and bath, 25% off Who What Wear
- Express: 40% off everything (and 50% off jeans)
- ModCloth: 30% off full price and 50% off sale with code LABORYAY
- Pink Lily Boutique: 60% off sale tab
- Gap: 40% off everything and extra 50% off sale with code DAYOFF
- Gap Factory: 40-75% off everything and extra 15% off with code MORE
- Free People: 25% off sale styles
- Old Navy: 50% off all dresses jeans & tees on sale
- Banana Republic Factory: 50-70% off everything + extra 20% off with code SUMMERSALE
Who doesn’t love a good photo shoot in the desert with your girlfriends?! HAHA! We took these pictures one evening during our stay in Joshua Tree and I am in love with the way they turned out. I’ll be sharing more about our Airbnb later this week, but I HIGHLY recommend a trip to the middle of the desert once in your life to just exist!
Now, my dress… Have you ever looked at a piece of clothing and knew immediately that you had to have it? That’s exactly how I ended up with this maxi. It’s one of those dresses that I purchased without having a specific occasion that I needed it for… just a “heart eye” check out. I first saw Caitlin Covington wearing something similar in Greece and I knew it’d be gorgeous to wear in the desert on our Joshua Tree trip. It’s so perfect for festivals, concerts, the beach, engagement pictures, honeymoons and vacations. The dress itself is two pieces… the bottoms are high waisted shorts and the top is a bustier (hello Selena) where the mesh hangs floor length from. This is the exact dress here and I’ll link several similar maxis below.
Last week, my girlfriends and I made a trip to California. We had a day/night in Palm Springs before we traveled to Joshua Tree (blog post coming soon) for the rest of the trip, which is only 45 minutes away. There was so much to do and see in Palm Springs that we ended up coming back one more day to see more. If you’re considering a trip, Palm Springs has sun shiny skies and would be perfect for a weekend getaway! *Note that it is HOTTT this time of year, haha! We hit highs of 116 while we were there, but it’s a different kind of hot (compared to Mississippi humidity hot). Anyways, jumping right in…
Where to Stay:
There is certainly no shortage of incredible places to stay in Palm Springs. There are so many boutique hotels in the area that are unique and super affordable. I think that’s one of the reasons why Palm Springs is such a “doable bucket list trip”. We stayed at The Sands Hotel & Spa and I recommend this hotel 1 million percent. There’s a whole blog post on it coming soon.
Where to Eat &/Or Drink:
Places to Visit:
Here are some things recommended to us that we didn’t have a chance to visit and see. I also recommend doing some research on your own because I do feel like this list kinda scratches the surface to the incredible gems that Palm Springs has to offer. All the more reason to make a trip back soon 🙂
There is a whole highlight on my Instagram dedicated to Palm Springs and videos of our trip and all of these places located here. If you have any additions to this list, please leave a comment for all of us to see!
Working on a full Palm Springs recap loaded with some amazing places to visit and photograph, but couldn’t NOT give these windmills a post of their own. When I was doing research on what to do and where to visit in Palm Springs for our trip, I saw a picture of these windmills on Instagram and knew we had to check them out.
The windmills are all over the place so you can definitely get the angle/shot that you want, but you may have to drive around looking for the perfect spot (or do some research ahead of time). We only had one day in Palm Springs before traveling to Joshua Tree, BUT I would have loved to sign up for this windmill tour if we had more time on our hands. The reviews are great and the guides tell you more about the windmills and renewable energy in the desert.
LOCATION: These pictures were taken close to the Jack in the Box off of I-10. We just pulled over on the side of the road at the intersection of Indian Canyon Drive and Palm Springs Station Road. (You can watch my IG stories on Palm Springs here.)
Quick roundup of all the awesome sales happening right now for Labor Day:
Happy shopping! I’ll keep adding to this list and updating as the weekend goes on and I see more sales!
Happy humpday, y’all! It has been a hot minute since I’ve done this type of outfit-highlight post, but it’s truly one of my favorite things to do and share. Sadly, this gorgeous dress has already sold out but I’ll let you know when/if it gets restocked. I’ve been obsessing over the details lately (the bows, the feathers, the material, the simplicity, the cut, the fit) so I’m sharing a whole roundup of unique dresses that caught my eye. They’re all stunning beige/cream/white dresses… perfect for brides, rehearsal dinners, showers, parties, events and everything in-between. Happy shopping, friends! Thanks for stopping in 🙂