Hey friends! I haven’t written a blog post in a hot minute, but I wanted to quickly round up several options for Mother’s Day dresses. One thing that I’ve found helpful being at home all day is actually getting dressed and putting on something pretty. It lifts my mood and really sets the tone for the day; I know that sounds crazy, ha! BUT, it really does so much. I stuck to one website that has a 20% off sale going on right now if you enter code HEYTWENTY at checkout. Here is the roundup and whether it’s a pretty dress that’s already sitting in your closet or sweatpants, I hope you all have the best Mother’s Day celebrating those mamas and being celebrated as one!
- Amazon sunglasses: No surprise here, haha! These look good on erybody and they’re only $13! They are very similar to this $250 Karen Walker pair.
- Amazon strappy sportsbra: this looks like the Lululemon sports bra, but for half the cost. It has over 400 5-star reviews. It’s supportive and has padding. I’m wearing Small.
- Amazon sweater: Leopard sleeves sucked us all in! It will be so cute paired with shorts when the weather gets a little bit warmer. It’s $26 and comes in other colors 💚
- Amazon double O belt: great quality belt and only $15
- Amazon linen-like dress: This linen cotton dress may be my favorite Amazon find EVER. Under $20, comes in a ton of colors and SO FLATTERING on any and every body type. I’m wearing a small.
- Barefoot Dreams blanket: These went on major sale around the holidays. I’ll include the link to those here and let you know if they ever get restocked. Softest/coziest blanket.
- Red mini skirt: Such a flattering skirt on everyone. It’s a gorgeous red and can be styled so many ways throughout the year.
- Amazon leggings: OBSESSED. These feel soooo good! They’re really cute and flattering on. I would wear these around town and to workout in. Can’t believe they are only $20. Tons of colors. Highly recommend. I have the grey color in a small 4/6.
- Black diamond tights: So many compliments when I wear these. Super affordable, comfortable and quality.
- TIE: Amazon studded flip flops & striped swimsuit coverup: The Valentino dupe jelly sandals take a couple of weeks to come in and they aren’t prime, but they are free shipping. I’m normally a 9 or 9.5 and the 9 fit me perfectly. // Swimsuit cover is super lightweight and breathable. It could also double as a tunic/shirt with a tank under. It’s only $22 and Prime.
- 11am: flight arrives and early check-in to hotel. We stayed at Stewart Hotel. It was close to everything and one of the more affordable options. The location was amazing, but the pictures on their website make it appear more modern/updated than it is.
- Late lunch: Pietro Nolita– the whole restaurant is pink and so cute. It’s a small space so keep that in mind. Their homemade pasta was incredible.
- Grand Central Station: this is a must-see IMO. It’s so beautiful during the holidays. We walked around, took some photo and grabbed coffee/banana pudding at Magnolia Bakery downstairs. Doughnut Plant also had a spot inside!
- 8:45pm: Dinner reservations at Beauty & Essex
- 8am: We got an early start to take photos at the Cartier building (it has a giant red bow around the building this time of year and it’s stunning!) From there, we went to the New York Public Library and walked around.
- 11:45am: Lunch reservations at Serra Alpina. It’s an Italian restaurant on the rooftop of the Flatiron building and they decorate it seasonally. Right now, it’s a winter wonderland. Make sure to book ahead of time on Open Table.
- JIMMY FALLON SHOW: this was another bucket list for me, haha! Such a cool experience!! If you want to go to a show (it’s free), they release tickets one month at a time and they typically open up the ticket waitlist the first week of the prior month. Read more on that here. I had my account set up prior to the ticket release and I signed up for 2 days that I knew we would be able to attend. We were put on the waitlist and found out THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOWING that tickets were available for us to confirm. So make sure you check your email religiously. It took around 3 hours start to finish.
- 7pm: Mean Girls broadway show- we loved it! (Take a pic in front of the burn book door!)
- 10:15pm: Tavern on the Green dinner reservations. Another must do. Excellent food, drinks, atmosphere.
- 8:30am: Walked to Bluestone Lane cafe for coffee (got it to go)
- 11:30am: Reservations for brunch at Sarabeths Central Park (order the french toast with french fries! YUM!).
- Walked around Central Park and then shopped around the area
- 4:15pm: Reservations at Blue Box Cafe aka Breakfast at Tiffany‘s- this was really really cool. You have to book a month in advance through Resy and it’s HARD to get reservations even then. Unfortunately, it looks like they are moving locations and won’t be open again until late 2021.
- Walked by Saks Fifth Avenue and saw the 10-story tall light show
- 7pm: Rose Mansion- it’s an interactive wine tasting museum that takes you through tons of Instagram-worthy rooms while also educating you on wine. I thought it was cool, but I probably wouldn’t do it again.
- 9:45pm: Top of the Rock (we purchase tickets ahead of time). Loved this and the views were insane! After, we walked to Rockefeller Tree and the ice rink (so so so magical at night). It wasn’t super crowded this late, which was nice.
- The Campbell for a drink: we didn’t get to do this because they were closed for a private party this night.
- 8am: Brooklyn Bridge- we took an Uber to the walkway and walked on the bridge. It was really cool.
- Blank Slate Tea: we grabbed breakfast at the small cafe and they have a really cute tea place next to it (pink and florals)
- 11:20am: Rolf’s German restaurant (you may recognize their cool and elaborate ornament ceiling). They open at 12pm, but you have to arrive at least 40 minutes before if you want to get in. They do take reservations, but I couldn’t get anyone on the phone prior to our trip. We didn’t love the food, so I’d recommend going for a drink (which is the line you’d be waiting in, anyways). Prepare for it to be PACKED and have your ID ready. One drink is like $25, but the decorations are worth it!
- Milkbar in SOHO: we took an Uber here to grab a bday truffle (they will change your life!)
- Stoney Clover Lane pop-up store: the cutest store with personalized bags and a rainbow pastel-lover’s heaven. I grabbed headbands and a backpack for Viv. From there, we shopped around the area.
- 7pm: flight home
- Floral pajamas: I listed these as an idea to family members asking what they could get our daughter. They have amazing reviews, go up to 8T, come in tons of patterns (BOY patterns, too) and they’re affordable. We also have this pair of pajamas and LOVE THEM (a friend highly recommended them and they’re amazing).
- Moon pillow: Vivi loves pillows and I thought this would look so cute in her new “big girl” room.
- Tricycle/Bicycle: I love this vintage look and the basket on it!
- Camera: this bunny digital camera also has boy version/colors, too. It has a shockproof shell, auto focus and is very kid friendly. Tons of great reviews. Affordable.
- Dr. Martens booties: I want these for Viv. Perfect for boys/girls.
- Dinosaur night light
- Studio in a Box: this made it on Oprah’s favorites 2019 list and I love that it has a little bit of everything in it.
- Tubby Todd bundle: I am obsessed with all of our Tubby Todd products and have used them since Vivi was little.
- Owleez: It’s an interactive pet that can fly, respond to touch/movement and care.
- Battery car: We got this for Vivi (shhh, don’t tell!). After a lot of research, this one had the best reviews.
- Initial barrettes: these are 2 for $12 right now and come in several colors. I am obsessed and ordering a V and M for us to match, haha!
- Neon light up glow pads: My friend Emily posted about these and I thought they were so cool and affordable and MESS FREE.
- ME Undies: I started buying these for Brett several years ago after a girlfriend talked about how much her husband loved them. We have since bought several pairs and it’s all that he wears now. Great stocking stuffer, too.
- Peter Millar pullover: I bought this for Brett last year (again, after my best friend’s husband highly recommended it!). He wears it ALL the time and agreed it’s such a good gift.
- Airpods: Bought these for Brett’s birthday this year and he uses them NONSTOP… Takes them to work and sneakily wears one to listen to games on his phone while we’re watching TV hahaha.
- Lululemon sweatpants: Word on the street is that they’re the best!
- Yeti tumbler: Keeps drinks hot and cold. Perfect when the guy’s who commute to work in the morning and don’t want to take that girly mug container sitting in their cabinet. (just us?) PS- Available prime.
- House shoes: These were requested.
- Travel kit: I love this one and it has great reviews. Waterproof zipper and canvas construction.
- No show socks: These are for men and women. Brett actually bought them months ago and I stole all of them, haha. They stay on and stay hidden.
- Wireless charging dock
- Massager: this baby is available on Amazon and we bought it several months ago when one of our backs were hurting. It’s amaze and affordable.
- Silk pillowcase: I’ve been wanting one of these for awhile now. They’re supposedly great for preventing wrinkles and breakouts and keeping your hair smooth… Does it work? Who knows, but I want to try it.
- Rayban sunglasses: classics that never go out of style
- Kendra Scott hoop earrings: Zendaya wore these recently and now I want them in gold! Crazy how that works, huh?! So pretty and under $70 (my guess is they will have a black friday sale like last year!)
- Kendra Scott ring: I have this one and get compliments on it all the time
- GG sneaker dupes: so so so popular right now. The real GG sneakers carry a hefty price tag; these are similar for less
- Herbivore Bakuchiol: it’s a retinol alternative that’s been on my radar for awhile. A quick google will pull up tons of reviews and youtubes if you want to research yourself. I want this fa sho!
- Initial necklaces: I love both the longer and shorter versions of these necklaces. I want the “V” initial for my daughter, Vivienne. Super affordable.
- Buxom lipgloss: my favorite plumping gloss ever. The tube I’ve had is a mini version and has lasted me almost a year. I love it!
- Plaid block heel pumps: These are part of the Blair Eadie x Halogen capsule and under $100. I wanttttttt.
- Lele Sadoughi headband: I recently tried one of these on and OMGAH… it blows the Amazon dupes completely out of the water. So comfortable, so flattering. 100% worth the money!
- Lele Sadoughi earrings: (see above comment)
- Stop at Vons grocery store in Yucca Valley and stock up on groceries and WATER. I can’t stress the water enough. We did not grab enough and had to go back into town. No joke, do not underestimate the amount of water you need to drink. And when you think you have enough, just double it to be sure. Kay?
- Pappy + Harriet’s: Mark off one night to go grab a drink and/or food here. They always have incredible live music (look at their calendar online) and it’s pretty much a hole in the wall that’s known to have celebrities pop in quietly on the reg.
- EXIST: Do less. Do nothing. Our favorite parts of the trip were the simplest things… sunrises/sunsets, jamming out music by the pool, yoga/working out on the patio, read a book, hike around, have dinners outside, and just hanging out.
- Palm Springs is an hour away should you want to go do something a little more busy with your day. Ideas here.
- Amazon Prime sunglasses: They look like a $250 Karen Walker pair of sunglasses; these are $13 with almost 500 5-star reviews. They have been the #1 bestseller for 2 month in a row on the blog. // Wearing here
- Polka dot blouse: we all went after this one, apparently! I ordered it in a small. It’s 50% off
- Aerie sports bra: SO so comfy! Runs small; size up! 50% off right now
- Aerie sleep tee
- Amazon prime snakeskin swimsuit: $23 prime; wearing M here
- Sneakers: on sale for $52.50. They come in black and pink, too!
- Amazon prime double-O ring belt: $15 prime // Comes in tan, too // (I wear this belt ALL the time; I have size small; wearing it here)
- Combat boots // Also love this pair // 15%+ off with code FALLTREAT
- Madewell thread wrap tank: on sale for $20 and the best fabric; several colors available
- Rainbow striped sweater: $22 wearing Medium here // You can also spin for a discount code right now on their website
- Melvyn’s at Ingleside Inn: We had lunch here on the outside patio and loved it! They’re known for their nightly entertainment and Sunday Night Jam. Check out the lounge area inside and the bathroom wallpaper.
- King’s Highway Diner: Located at the Ace Hotel; there is also a bar there, too (tour around the outside of Ace Hotel if you have time; super cool)
- The Pink Cabana: This is the restaurant located at The Sands Hotel & Spa. Top 5 best steaks I’ve ever had. Amazing service. Extraordinary cocktails! So much charm. A must visit!
- Norma’s at the Parker Hotel: do breakfast or brunch here and tour the grounds if you can; we only saw the lobby, but it’s beautiful!
- The Saguaro Hotel: This is the colorful hotel that you can’t miss. Fun fact: the 14 colors painted on this hotel reflect the wildflowers native to the desert there. We had a drink at El Jefe, the bar in the front of the hotel, and then checked out the pool/courtyard area.
- Cabazon Dinosaurs: these are the ginormous concrete dinosaurs that you’ve seen in movies like Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure. It’s a roadside attraction and there is a gift shop inside Dinny the Dinosaur.
- The Windmills: check out my blog post dedicated to them here.
- Moorten Botanical Garden: the world’s first and only cactarium. They are family owned and they’ve been there for 64 years now. This is a must see!
- Downtown Palm Springs: walk around and see the hollywood stars on the sidewalk. There’s also plenty of shopping, museums and local shops to visit.
- The Pink Door (please read): I’m only mentioning the pink door because it was recommended on a ton of blog posts that I read before getting there. BUT after more research, it’s a private residence and the owners do not want visitors coming to take pictures (super understandable). The neighborhood has a ton of gorgeous homes, architecture and beautiful doors if you want to drive by and admire; that’s what we did.
- Ice Cream & Shoppe
- Joshua Tree National Park (give yourself half a day here to explore)
- Salvation Mountain and slab city: you’ll also pass the Salton Sea
- Anthropologie: extra 50% off sale
- American Eagle: 25-60% off everything
- Aerie: 40% off (YESSSSSSSSSSS; BUY ALL OF IT)
- ASOS: up to 40% off new season styles
- Abercrombie: 50% off and free shipping over $75
- Boohoo: 60% off everything
- Madewell: extra 20-50% off sale styles with code SEEYA
- Nordstrom: up to 40% off select styles
- Kendra Scott: 20% off everything
- Wanderlust + Co: 30% off this weekend with code WCOTURNS9
- Baublebar: up to 80% off AND 15% full price purchase with code SUNSHINE
- H&M: 30% off, 20% or 10% off + free shipping with code 3418
- Forever 21: 30% off everything with code LABORSLAY & extra 60% off all sale with code ADD2CART and free shipping on orders of $21+ with code FREESHIP21
- Goodnight Macaroon: 40% off everything with code LABOR19
- Loft: 40-50% off “almost everything” with code LONGWEEKEND
- Urban Outfitters: extra 40% off all sale items
- DSW: 20% off everything with code YOURPLACE
- Sole Society: up to 70% off select styles
- Target: 30% off bedding and bath, 25% off Who What Wear
- Express: 40% off everything (and 50% off jeans)
- ModCloth: 30% off full price and 50% off sale with code LABORYAY
- Pink Lily Boutique: 60% off sale tab
- Gap: 40% off everything and extra 50% off sale with code DAYOFF
- Gap Factory: 40-75% off everything and extra 15% off with code MORE
- Free People: 25% off sale styles
- Old Navy: 50% off all dresses jeans & tees on sale
- Banana Republic Factory: 50-70% off everything + extra 20% off with code SUMMERSALE
Rounding up several sales happening right now with discount codes that apply below...
Free People: 50% off dresses + more markdowns & Free Ship
ASOS: Tons of markdowns + 15% off if you’re new with ASOSNEW15
A&F: 50% off entire store + Free Ship
Anthropologie: up to 40% off of jeans, shirts, shoes
Madewell: $75 jeans + $35 denim shorts + extra 30% off sale with code SWEETDEAL
Kendra Scott: $40 styles
H&M: 20% off of $60 purchase + free ship
Old Navy: 50% off everything
Nordstrom: 25% off jeans + up to 40% off and free ship
World Market: 40% off outdoor
Nasty Gal: 50% off everything + extra 10% off dresses/shoes with code NEED
Skincare… I really only started properly washing my face morning/night at age 29 (gasp!). Crazy, right?! Don’t be like me, haha! I didn’t have a routine and I didn’t even know where to start or who to go to for information on products. It’s all pretty overwhelming when you get started. Hopefully, I can save you some time and point you to two people that I trust and recommend if you’re thinking about investing in your skin. Their Instagram handles are: @skinbyblair and @jordanharper_np.
Both Blair and Jordan have a ton of valuable information saved to their highlights as well as overall tips/tutorials on all things skincare… not to mention the before/afters of botox/fillers if you’re interested in learning more on that, too. They will both tell you that you’ll want to start using 3 things for sure… vitamin c, sunscreen and a retinol. There are so many different kinds that are out on the market and they break down which ones are best for different skin types, etc. Okay so just go follow them, byeeee.
Wait, here’s my current routine/order:
Night: Remove makeup, wash my face with cleanser, bakuchiol serum, eye cream, moisturizing lotion
*** I do want to mention that when I run out of certain products pictured above, I will be trying out a few new things that I’ve been researching. When I run out of bakuchiol (which, I love!), I will be replacing it with Obagi Revitance. When I run out of BC cleanser, I will be replacing it with Revision Papaya cleanser. When I run out of BC eye cream and moisturizing lotion, I will be replacing it with something but not sure what yet. Hope this is helpful!!
Yay! We are so excited to be able to put together The Mane Event again this year! Please join us (myself, Laurel Donahoo, and the Molly Gee & Company team) for a fun night on everything hair! THE MANE EVENT will be held on Thursday, March 19 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN: How to curl your own hair several different ways and get hands-on experience on how to style with scarves, scrunchies, barrettes, and more! Hello spring time hair cuteness!
WHAT ELSE: Food and cocktails provided. ANDDDDD… swag bags!! (We don’t play when it comes to our swag bags, okurrrr!)
It’s still a little (okay, a lot) cold outside today, but I have been dreaming about spring weather for awhile now. Pretty typical, haha! In preparation for that warmer weather, I’ve rounded up a handful of dresses that are perfect for spring. The price ranges go from $11 to $119 and several of these are marked down so I’m not sure how long they’ll be available. Now we just need the beach and frose in hand! Happy shopping, friends!
Hey y’all! It’s Monday, but it’s also National Championship day, Bachelor day and “Megxit” for anyone keeping up with those. How funny would it be to have multiple tv’s set up in a room, half football and half bachelor?! I just giggled. Anyways, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite satin dresses and I’m excited to share them with you now. This mini satin dress is my favorite and such a fun piece for brides, college parties, date nights, honeymoons and any trips you have coming up! It’s such a great price point and so flattering on. I’d recommend sizing up one size in this one; I’m wearing a Medium and am normally a small. If you’re looking for a midi length, maxi length, another color or a top, I’ve gotcha covered. I’m linking up all of my favorite satin things below. Hope you have a great night!
This was so cool and helpful for me to go back through the past year and see what you guys purchased the most of. I think it’s safe to say that we all love some Amazon finds, ha! I’m sharing more pictures of these in my stories and there is an Amazon highlight on my page that may be helpful, too. Here they are…
Bucket list, check… We just got back from the most incredible girls trip. Visiting NYC during the holidays is a dream trip for me and it lived up to it 1,000%. It’s pure magic this time of year! The lights, atmosphere, hotels, buildings, people… everything and everyone radiates joy! It’s too impossible to put into words.
The timing of this trip kind of just fell in our laps… I noticed plane tickets were super affordable and I told two of my girlfriends and we booked within a few days (pretty much after we found childcare; thank you, Grammy!). We had a couple of months to plan… WHICH IS MY HAPPY PLACE. I love researching, reading blogs and reviews on recommendations, stalking Instagram and Pinterest for beautiful/unique/iconic spots, and making reservations. Needless to say, I was pumped to make this itinerary.
So if you’re looking to plan a trip to NYC, let me take some of that work off of you. Below, I’ll list out our 4 days in the city and how to make the most of your trip. It will have the places we made reservations (how and when to make them) and a schedule of what our days looked like.
We had the BEST trip! There are so many places that we wanted to visit that we didn’t have time for… Places like: Color Factory, Manhatta, Shoo Shoo for lunch, Serendipity, Felix Roasting cafe, Beekman martini, RH rooftop, and more. I recommend making a list of all of the places you want to visit, make reservations to the places that are at the top of your list, and then prioritize the time you have left. MAKE SURE TO ACCOUNT FOR TRAVEL TIME. It could very easily take 30+ minutes to make it 1 mile down the road if you get an Uber or taxi. Walk where you can, if you can. Hope this was helpful and gave you some ideas for your trip. I am still on cloud 9!
I have a full NYC highlight saved in my stories on Instagram. Make sure to check it out, too!
Happy hump day! (EDIT: It’s Tuesday, k bye.) // I’m posting two gift guides today… one for the men in your life and one for the kiddos. I made sure to include things that we already have and love, things I’m shopping for, and what Vivi shows interest in (she’ll be three in March).
Hope this is helpful! Let me know what you’re shopping for in the comments and for anyone else reading looking for ideas. ALSO reminder, when you click on my links and make a purchase (doesn’t have to be what I linked), I make a small commission off of that sale. Thank you so much 🙂
Happy hump day! I’m posting two gift guides today… one for the men in your life and one for the kiddos. I made sure to include things that we already have and love, things I’m shopping for, and I got Brett’s input, too. Up first, the men’s gift guide!
Hope this is helpful! Let me know what you’re shopping for in the comments and for anyone else reading looking for ideas. ALSO reminder, when you click on my links and make a purchase (doesn’t have to be what I linked), I make a small commission off of that sale. Thank you so much 🙂
YAY!!! Black Friday is here, again (our one day of the year to be happy! – Trolls)! I’ll continue updating this list throughout the day, but here are the deals along with codes from retailers I love…
ASOS: 30% off everything with code BIG30
Amazon: so many black friday deals
Forever 21: 40% off everything with code GIVETHX
American Eagle: 40% off + Free Shipping
Anthropologie: 30% off entire store!! Extra 50% off sale! (here are some sale picks! Several furniture pieces caught my eye because of the price point now! And Omg, if you’ve had you’re eye on Primrose (this mirror!), then snag her!
Kendra Scott: 25% off all purchases OR 30% off orders of $300+
Tory Burch: up to 60% off and 30% off $250+ (full price styles) with code THANKS
Nordstrom: up to 50% off!! Spend $125, get $25; Spend $250, get $50; Spend $400, get $100 (and tons of markdowns!)
Macy’s: extra 20% off with code BLKFRI and free ship $25+ (exlusions apply)
Abercrombie & Fitch: 50% off entire story + free ship
Express: 50% off everything plus free ship
Jcrew: 40% off entire purchase with code FRIDAY
Madewell: 30% off your purchase PLUS extra 10% off with code YAYINTERNET.
H&M: 30% off everything plus free ship. Discount applied at checkout
Kohls: $10 off $50 of clothing, shoes, accessories with code SATURDAY and extra 20% off with code GOSHOP20. Free ship over $25.
Ann Taylor: 50% off everything with code BLACKFRIDAY
T3 hair tools: 25% off with code FRIDAY19
Loft: 50% off your purchase, code FRIYAY
Nasty Gal: 60% to 80% off everything PLUS extra 10% off with code GOGOGO
Barrington Gifts: 10% off $150, 15% off $250, 20% off $350+ with code THANKFUL. Free shipping.
Draper James: 25% off entire purchase with code: GRATEFUL
Old Navy: 40% off entire purchase.
Kate Spade: 40% off with code: TGIBF
Banana Republic Factory: 60% off entire store. Extra 60% off clearance and extra 15% off purchase with code BLACKFRI19
Goodnight Macaroon: 30% off sitewide with code GIVING30. 40% off $250+ with code GIVING40. 50% off $450+ with code GIVING50
Serena & Lily: 25% off with code THANKFUL (biggest sale of the year!)
ALO Yoga: Up to 70% off select sale & 30% off full price items.
Pottery Barn: 25% off plus free shipping with code CYBER
Shein: 10% off $59+. 15% off $99+. 20% off $199+. Code CYBERM
Urban Outfitters: BOGO 50% off. Free ship over $50.
Baublebar: 35% off everything. No code needed.
Express: 50% off everything plus free ship on any order
Vici: 30% off everything with code: BLACKFRIDAY30 (starts midnight Nov 29). Plus Vici bucks rewards.
Aerie: 50% off all sweaters, sweatshirts and leggings
World Market: 40% off all furniture + free ship over $75
Tuckernuck: 20% off sitewide. 25% off $500+ and 30% off $1,000+ with code BRIGHT
Spanx: 20% off everything
Nordstrom Rack: extra 30% off clearance. Great doorbusters.
Target: great doorbusters and markdowns
Shopbop: Up to 25% off full price items and up to 75% off sale items with code MORE19.
Chicwish: 25% off with code BLK25
NOW, SPECIFIC SALE ITEMS I LOVE:
I WILL UPDATE THIS THROUGHOUT THE DAY/WEEKEND SO MAKE SURE TO CHECK BACK.
Play kitchen 2: We got this one for Viv last year (it’s all white).
Over The Knee Boots: I have these in tan. I ordered in black. They also come in gray. Stay up and don’t slide down. Order one size up. I’m normally a 9-9.5 which is a size 40 and I ordered a size 41. 30% off sitewide with code GIVING30. 40% off $250+ with code GIVING40. 50% off $450+ with code GIVING50
THIS MIRROR: 30% off; I stalked this for MONTHS ON MONTHS ON MONTHS. Finally got it last year on Black Friday. Best purchase. This is the best deal!!! 3 ft for $313, 5 ft for $593, 7 ft for $1,083
Hanna Andersson pajamas: kids and baby pajamas $25 and 40% off everything else. Plus free shipping
Alo high waist airbrush leggings: I have been dying for a pair but didn’t want to fork out full price! They’re $58 right now
THIS curling iron: it has interchangeable barrels and the best reviews! I never use my curling iron because it’s sooo old and it doesn’t work very well. This one is the one I’ve had my eye on and it’s on sale for $187 with code FRIDAY19 (that’s even cheaper than last year!)
Mens North Face jacket: 25% off
Spanx faux leather leggings: 20% off with free shipping. FULLY STOCKED RIGHT NOW!!!!!
Kate Spade purses: this one is $196 on major sale. code TGIBF
Baublebar stack ring: on sale for $12
Silk Pillowcase: marked down 30% with code DSGIFT and that’s the cheapest I’ve seen!
Area rug: 70% off and under $115. INCREDIBLE deal! We have the 8×10 in our dining room and love it.
Owleez: Interactive pet. Great gift for a kid (perhaps an adult too, ha!). It flies.
Levi jeans: whole website marked down 40%. They make your butt look so good. Order up one whole size in this pair. I’m a 26 or 27 and the 28 fit me perfectly/snug. Read reviews if you’re unsure, too. Code: INDIGO
Rattan Chair: 40% off and $138
Free People sweater: 50% off and marked down to $49
Kings of Christmas flocked tree: SAVE15 knocks it down to $212 (cheaper than what I paid for ours) We have the 8 ft one and love it!
Zella Live In Leggings: have multiple pair; they are my go-to leggings! TTS. I’d pay full price for them if that says anything about how great they are! They’re on sale right now. This is the pair with pockets!
I don’t know about you, but ALL of the events are in full swing around here… Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, dinners, work/friend parties, weddings, showers, Christmas, ahh! It’s such a fun time of year to spend with all of the people you care about and love. One of the funnest parts for me is obviously finding the perfect outfits for these things, haha! I’ve rounded up several holiday skirts, dresses and outfits below 🙂
Happy Monday! First gift guide of the year is up! It’s crazy to think that Thanksgiving is this week AND then Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and basically Christmas… This gift guide is all about HER. I put a lot of thought and research into this one and would LOVE every single one of these gifts! Hope you love…
I hope these ideas are helpful to you when shopping this year! Feel free to send this to your hubs, your boo, your parentals, your sibs, relatives, etc etc! As always, thanks so much for shopping through my links and letting me be a resource to you! I do make a small commission when you buy directly from them, and I appreciate all of you that support me :). There’s a “gift guide” tab if you want to check those out and stay tuned for more this week!
YAYYY for Christmas time rolling in hot! Over the weekend, I polled you guys on what you wanted to see first as far as gift guides. This guide won as the first one I’ll post this holiday season and I’m so excited to share with you! I’ll just hop right in… here are the stocking stuffers that you didn’t know you needed (feel free to send this link to Santa!)
1 // Spanx Leggings: I’d like to just go on record here and YELL that you can roll these bad boys up and stuff them in the stocking with plenty of room to spare… Kkkkkkay den! (if i happen to capture a male reader here, your wife/gf/sister/mama/etc will LOVE YOU for this purchase). *I ordered my normal size S.
2 // Wine Wipes: Do I even need to explain why this is necessary?!
3 // Mai Couture Highlighter Paper: This actually came in one of my monthly beauty-subscription boxes a couple of years ago and I’ve been obsessed with them since. It’s literally makeup on paper… talk about easy. You just swipe it across your face and body where you want highlighter and boom! Great for travel.
4 // Ugg Socks: they’re warm, they’re cute and they have pompoms
5 // Auto Shut-Off Safety Outlet: BUY THIS RIGHT THE EFF NOW! I can’t tell you how many times I leave the house and wonder “hmm, did I cut my curling iron off” and turn around to go check. PROBLEM SOLVED. You set the timer for it automatically shut off after a certain amount of time! Genius, I tell you. Help me help you.
6 // Measuring Tape: Throw this in your purse and stop googling “how many arms equal 12 inches”… Plus, it’s really cute and comes in other colors/sayings
7 // Lanolips: This is the most moisturizing lip balm in the history of the lip balm. Thank you @skinbyblair for introducing this into my life. It’s around $20 but it’s worth every single penny!
8 // Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Nude Lipstick & Lipliner Duo: I got this last Christmas and it’s one of my favorite combos to date! AND so much cheaper to buy it as a duo! If you follow CT on social media, you pretty much see every celebrity with a pulse sporting these gorgeous nude lips and we can have them too!! They sell out a lot so grab them while they’re in stock.
10 // Phone Holder Mount for Car: Perfect if you use your phone for GPS
11 // Wireless Earbuds: Great for a run, for chilling, for podcasts, for music, for life. I need these sooooo badly. SANTAAAAAAA, meatloaf! I’m also linking the Airpods that I got Brett for his birthday this year because he uses them every. single. day!
12 // Ghost USB portable power bank: Y’all, it glows in the dark!!! I repeat, it glows in the dark. A ghost that glows in the dark while it charges my dead ass phone. I can’t.
13 // Wet Brush: game changerrrrr
That’s all for now, folks! What’s the best part of all of this?! The prices are soooo affordable. What do you think of this gift guide? Let me know in the comments below. I love love love your feedback!
*FULL DISCLOSURE UP IN HURRRR: If you shop through any of my links and check-out, I earn a small commission from that sale (thanks SO MUCH to all of you that do!)
Joshua Tree in August… a bucket list trip that I was finally able to mark off! For years now, Joshua Tree has been on my radar… probably partially thanks to following Nikki Reed and her desert/acro-yoga escapes, haha! I mean, who doesn’t want to just go EXIST in the middle of the desert?!
There’s certainly no shortage of unique, incredible places to stay in the area BUT we landed at Whisper Rock Ranch, an Airbnb up the mountain. I started following them on Instagram over a year ago and when they had availabilities open up in August, I basically booked that very second.
I went with two of my girlfriends and we flew into Palm Springs, which is roughly an hour away. We stayed one night in Palm Springs; more on that here. We rented a Malibu sedan from the airport (long story HAHA), but I certainly recommend an SUV if you’re going to Pioneertown/Joshua Tree. Just trust me. Nevertheless, we drove that baby up dirt roads to Whisper Rock Ranch.
Things around Whisper Rock Ranch you’ll want to do:
There’s a recap of our trip and a walk-through of Whisper Rock Ranch on this IGTV video here and there’s a highlight tab on my Instagram from our trip here. I can’t accurately put into words how amazing our trip and stay was. It was the perfect oasis for 3 tired mamas who needed a little reset and recharge. Can’t recommend enough! Bucket list for sure!
Airbnb: Whisper Rock Ranch
Hey guys! The try-on haul is over on my Instagram stories. You’ll find sizing/fit information there. I’m linking everything here to hopefully make it a little easier to find and shop. Below are the Forever 21 pieces that I tried on and several others that I love, too. At the bottom, I’ll also link what I wore to complete each outfit in my IG stories. As always, thank you so much for letting me be a resource to you! 🙂
Below are the items that I wore in the try-on that aren’t Forever 21. I love my Madewell jeans and my OTK boots are 40% off right now with code PREFALL (make sure to read the size chart; I’m a size 9.5 in boots and have size 41).
Who doesn’t love a good photo shoot in the desert with your girlfriends?! HAHA! We took these pictures one evening during our stay in Joshua Tree and I am in love with the way they turned out. I’ll be sharing more about our Airbnb later this week, but I HIGHLY recommend a trip to the middle of the desert once in your life to just exist!
Now, my dress… Have you ever looked at a piece of clothing and knew immediately that you had to have it? That’s exactly how I ended up with this maxi. It’s one of those dresses that I purchased without having a specific occasion that I needed it for… just a “heart eye” check out. I first saw Caitlin Covington wearing something similar in Greece and I knew it’d be gorgeous to wear in the desert on our Joshua Tree trip. It’s so perfect for festivals, concerts, the beach, engagement pictures, honeymoons and vacations. The dress itself is two pieces… the bottoms are high waisted shorts and the top is a bustier (hello Selena) where the mesh hangs floor length from. This is the exact dress here and I’ll link several similar maxis below.
Last week, my girlfriends and I made a trip to California. We had a day/night in Palm Springs before we traveled to Joshua Tree (blog post coming soon) for the rest of the trip, which is only 45 minutes away. There was so much to do and see in Palm Springs that we ended up coming back one more day to see more. If you’re considering a trip, Palm Springs has sun shiny skies and would be perfect for a weekend getaway! *Note that it is HOTTT this time of year, haha! We hit highs of 116 while we were there, but it’s a different kind of hot (compared to Mississippi humidity hot). Anyways, jumping right in…
Where to Stay:
There is certainly no shortage of incredible places to stay in Palm Springs. There are so many boutique hotels in the area that are unique and super affordable. I think that’s one of the reasons why Palm Springs is such a “doable bucket list trip”. We stayed at The Sands Hotel & Spa and I recommend this hotel 1 million percent. There’s a whole blog post on it coming soon.
Where to Eat &/Or Drink:
Places to Visit:
Here are some things recommended to us that we didn’t have a chance to visit and see. I also recommend doing some research on your own because I do feel like this list kinda scratches the surface to the incredible gems that Palm Springs has to offer. All the more reason to make a trip back soon 🙂
There is a whole highlight on my Instagram dedicated to Palm Springs and videos of our trip and all of these places located here. If you have any additions to this list, please leave a comment for all of us to see!
Working on a full Palm Springs recap loaded with some amazing places to visit and photograph, but couldn’t NOT give these windmills a post of their own. When I was doing research on what to do and where to visit in Palm Springs for our trip, I saw a picture of these windmills on Instagram and knew we had to check them out.
The windmills are all over the place so you can definitely get the angle/shot that you want, but you may have to drive around looking for the perfect spot (or do some research ahead of time). We only had one day in Palm Springs before traveling to Joshua Tree, BUT I would have loved to sign up for this windmill tour if we had more time on our hands. The reviews are great and the guides tell you more about the windmills and renewable energy in the desert.
LOCATION: These pictures were taken close to the Jack in the Box off of I-10. We just pulled over on the side of the road at the intersection of Indian Canyon Drive and Palm Springs Station Road. (You can watch my IG stories on Palm Springs here.)
Quick roundup of all the awesome sales happening right now for Labor Day:
Happy shopping! I’ll keep adding to this list and updating as the weekend goes on and I see more sales!
Happy humpday, y’all! It has been a hot minute since I’ve done this type of outfit-highlight post, but it’s truly one of my favorite things to do and share. Sadly, this gorgeous dress has already sold out but I’ll let you know when/if it gets restocked. I’ve been obsessing over the details lately (the bows, the feathers, the material, the simplicity, the cut, the fit) so I’m sharing a whole roundup of unique dresses that caught my eye. They’re all stunning beige/cream/white dresses… perfect for brides, rehearsal dinners, showers, parties, events and everything in-between. Happy shopping, friends! Thanks for stopping in 🙂